Scaring the Boyfriends Away
Today, I was talking with a co-worker about daughters and their inevitable entry into the dating age. It’s different with my boys; I just know they’re awesome and hope they find a girl who appreciates them, and don’t worry too much because what girl wouldn’t want to hang out with one of those two handsome, multitalented devils?
Daughters, on the other hand, are different. As a dad, we have to deal with the realization that our daughter is becoming her own person who will make her own choices, sometimes ones we don’t agree with. As long as it doesn’t involve marrying a barefoot guy who makes hemp necklaces for a living and running off to live in Rangoon, I can make many allowances.
There might come a time, though, when some fatherly intervention is necessary to prune undesired dead wood away. Therefore, I tried to come up with a few ideas of ways to scare off unapproved suitors. Here are my conversation starters.
1. Give him a crazy look, and ask, “Did you know I am a ninja?”
2. Tell him that if I have to go back to prison for beating him senseless, the other inmates would look at that as a badge of honor and my time there will be pleasant.
3. Offer to let him look at my gun collection, ‘accidentally’ show him the ammo and the .50 cal antiaircraft round with his name scratched in the side.
4. Tell him I know Jack Bauer personally, and he owes me a favor.
5. Ask him for a detailed plan on how he’ll protect my daughter in the event of a zombie invasion.
After all, if he can’t keep her safe from the zombies, what good is he? 🙂
- About Me
- Contact Me
- Images and Models
- Mind the Ghosts
- My Book List
- .@SpeakerRyan , stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality battleforthenet.com. Votes at stake. 3 months ago
- .@JimPressOffice, stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago
- .@RepGrothman, stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality battleforthenet.com. Votes at stake. 3 months ago
- .@SenRonJohnson, stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality battleforthenet.com 3 months ago
- New novel on sale, other random thoughts to fill up a blog post rekroom.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/new… https://t.co/9V3q9kqf8M 6 months ago