Chewing faster than the speed of thought.
I know what you’re thinking. “Ryan, you haven’t posted anything in a long time, and now twice in the same day?”
Either that, or you’re worried you forgot to feed your cat.
In any case, I just had a revelation I’d like to share with you.
I just bit my lip. Hard. It hurts, and the rest of the people in the food court are probably wondering why I just shouted out in anger and am now crying. But here is what I discovered.
When I bit my lip, my jaw moved faster than my brain realized I was in pain. In effect, my jaw was moving faster than my nervous system could react to my newfound injury. It made me wonder: is that what happens with those people we know and love who have a malfunctioning internal filter? We all know someone who just can’t seem to stop themselves from saying wildly inappropriate things, and maybe this is why.
Maybe they can talk faster than they realize what they’re saying, and before their brain can tell them to not ask that coworker about the rash that won’t heal while in a crowded elevator, the damage is done.
Just food for thought. So, talk slower, people, and give your brain a chance to catch up!
- About Me
- Contact Me
- Images and Models
- Mind the Ghosts
- My Book List
- .@SpeakerRyan , stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality battleforthenet.com. Votes at stake. 3 months ago
- .@JimPressOffice, stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago
- .@RepGrothman, stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality battleforthenet.com. Votes at stake. 3 months ago
- .@SenRonJohnson, stop selling out your constituents. Oppose @AjitPaiFCC's plan to gut #NetNeutrality battleforthenet.com 3 months ago
- New novel on sale, other random thoughts to fill up a blog post rekroom.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/new… https://t.co/9V3q9kqf8M 6 months ago