Self published authors take note!
I was stumbling blindly around the internet the other night/early morning; I started out looking for what a 2012 Toyota Camry would cost and somehow ended up watching a video of the SR-71 Blackbird’s engines, the true history of Grumpy Cat, and finally 15 Sci-Fi movies I should see in 2015.
Well, among the movies was one very interesting entry: The Martian, by Andy Weir. It’s about an astronaut on Mars who gets abandoned by the rest of his crew when things apparently go down the low-G toilet.
The interesting thing here, the really cool thing, to be honest, is that Mr. Weir first self published that novel on Amazon. It was later picked up by a publishing house and now it’s going to be a movie.
Imagine, you wrote a book (presumably because you enjoy the medium and had a story you needed to tell) and now famous people are going to play the characters you’ve created. Damn.
Congratulations, Mr. Weir! And to all those self-pubbed indie authors out there, in the words of Tim Allen’s character from Galaxy Quest: “Never give up; never surrender!”
- About Me
- Contact Me
- Images and Models
- Mind the Ghosts
- My Book List
- Looking back in time (literally) and forward (fictionally) rekroom.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/loo… https://t.co/4aV3J2hPtx 3 months ago
- Irony=driving to an auto museum in an econobox rental car rekroom.wordpress.com/2016/12/10/iro… https://t.co/KBoOTjO1Bk 6 months ago
- As Time Marches On… rekroom.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/as-… https://t.co/l2614UZmbq 9 months ago
- Cleaning my insides the Arbonne way rekroom.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/cle… https://t.co/GmWQKCgih5 1 year ago
- A truly effective presidential debate format rekroom.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/a-t… https://t.co/RJULpJdQAa 1 year ago